Do you want to take your sewing skills to the next level by mastering the art of threading a dressmaker sewing machine? Threading a dressmaker sewing machine is easier than you might think. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to quickly and easily thread your sewing machine, so you can get to sewing your masterpiece!
How to Thread a Dressmaker Sewing Machine?
1. Before threading your dressmaker sewing machine, make sure your bobbin is wound and ready to go. To do this, place the bobbin onto the bobbin winder, located on the top of the machine. Thread the bobbin by placing the thread through the tension discs and then over the hook. Turn the wheel to start winding the bobbin. Once the bobbin is full, cut the thread and the bobbin should be ready to go.
2. Now we will thread the machine. Start by lifting the spool pin, which is located on the top of the machine. Place your spool of thread onto the spool pin, and then pull the thread down and thread it through the first thread guide.
3. The next step is to thread the needle. To do this, turn the hand wheel on the right side of the machine until the needle is at its highest point. Pull the thread up, and then pass it through the thread guide located at the back of the needle.
4. Now you will thread the take-up lever. To do this, pull the thread down and loop it around the take-up lever, located just above the needle.
5. The final step is to thread the tension discs. To do this, pass the thread through the tension discs located on the right side of the machine. Make sure the thread passes through each disc.
Once you have threaded the machine, you are ready to start sewing!